Our Traineeship Program has been designed for people with none or very little experiencing with using technology. However; it is essential that you have a genuine passion to commence a career in the field of ICT.
The Traineeship Program provides valuable on-the-job experience working for the ICLT Services department of the Catholic Schools Office, Diocese of Broken Bay. As well as providing you with the ability to attain two (2) nationally accredited qualifications, which are:
- Certificate III in Information, Digital Media Technology (ICT30118)
- Certificate IV in Information Technology Networking (ICT40418)
During each school term you will be placed at one or more of our Catholic systemic schools and or our head office, where you will gain hands on practical skills to be able to provide 1st level ICT technical support to our students and staff. You will also have access to a team of ICT professionals that will help guide and provide continuous mentorship.
This will be supported with a structured training program with a registered training organisation (RTO) that will take place in two week blocks during the school holidays. The training includes embedded targeted industry Certifications such as Cisco & Microsoft.
The Traineeship Program will provide the following industry experience and qualifications:
- Earn while you learn – Full-time employment whilst gaining 2 nationally recognised qualifications
- Work as part of a supportive team of IT professionals
- Gain exposure to working with a large array of IT vendors
- Obtain practical and valued experience in the workplace
- Be exposed to supporting a multi-platform environment made up of Microsoft, Google and Apple systems
- Receive 2 years of industry relevant experience
- Provides an excellent preparation for developing a career in IT
Throughout the Traineeship program you will also accrue Annual leave. This will be approved to be taken only during the end of December and January each year.
Click here to access the NSW government school term time calendar.
The Australian Apprenticeships & Traineeships Information Service provides information on potential careers that can begin with a Traineeship in ICT Client Support with a focus on ICT Networks and Security.
- Customer Support Professional
- Computer Technician
- Help Desk Specialist
- Network Administrator
- Network Operations Technician
- Network Support Technician
- Tester (Networking)
- Tester (Websites)
For more information on career pathways, please consult the Australian Apprenticeships & Traineeships Information Service, and click on job roles to learn more about the types of work involved, the growth of the industry and the future wage estimates.